Full-Arch Tooth Replacement That Lasts
Having all of your natural teeth is essential in almost every aspect of your daily life. Unfortunately, many people don’t realize this until they’ve suffered from extensive tooth loss. If this describes you, know that our team at The Dentists of Newtown is here to help! Rather than unreliable dentures that slip around or fall out of the mouth, we usually recommend implant dentures in Newtown, PA. By securing a custom denture onto dental implants, you end up with full-arch tooth replacement that lasts for decades to come. To find out if implant dentures are the solution for you, call us to set up a consultation!
Why Choose The Dentists of Newtown for Implant Dentures?
- Start-to-Finish Dental Implant Treatment Provided Under One Roof
- Low-Interest Dental Financing Available
- State-of-the-Art Dental Technology
What Are Implant Dentures?
Like a traditional denture, an implant denture consists of a full arch of replacement teeth attached to a pink base. Instead of remaining in place via natural suction against the gums, though, implant dentures are secured onto dental implants. These titanium posts are embedded in the jawbone, where they mimic the root structure of missing teeth to create a solution that feels as natural as your real teeth.
There are two main types of implant dentures:
Fixed/Permanent Implant Dentures
This prosthetic is secured onto an average of four to six dental implants and can only be removed by an implant dentist in Newtown. Your new teeth will essentially always remain in your mouth, so you can clean them with regular brushing and flossing.
Removable Implant Dentures
We can also design your implant denture so that you can take it out whenever you’d like. Removable implant dentures often require fewer implant posts, making them ideal for patients with lower jawbone density.
The Implant Denture Treatment Process
The process of getting implant dentures can vary between patients, but the steps typically include:
- Consultation – Our dentists answer your questions and plan out your treatment.
- Dental implant surgery – We surgically position the posts strategically within your jaw.
- Osseointegration – Your jawbone grows around the implant posts over the next four to six months.
- Denture placement – We install attachments on top of your implants, which allow us to secure your denture into place.
It may take several months to get implant dentures, but most of our patients would agree that they’re worth waiting for!
Am I a Candidate for Implant Dentures?
Advancements in modern dental technology has made it so that almost any adult with full-arch tooth loss can qualify for an implant denture. Some patients may require bone grafting, gum disease therapy, or other preparatory procedures beforehand, but in general, most adults with good oral and overall health are eligible.
Benefits of Combining Dentures with Dental Implants
Here are just a few of the reasons why patients prefer implant dentures to regular dentures:
- No matter how tough the food you’re eating is, your prosthetic teeth will remain stable.
- Dental implants in Newtown stimulate the jawbone like real tooth roots, preventing the facial collapse that normally occurs after teeth are lost. As a result, you can enjoy a youthful glow for years to come.
- Fixed implant dentures can be maintained the same way as natural teeth – daily brushing and flossing.
- While traditional dentures only last for five to seven years, dental implants can last for 30+ years. This makes implant dentures the more cost-effective option overall, as you won’t need to pay for frequent adjustments or replacements (or special cleaning products or adhesives).