In the event of a dental emergency, please call The Dentists of Newtown at 267-692-2394. We are dedicated to providing patients with prompt emergency dental care in Newtown, PA. Emergency dental care is a general dental service used to prevent immediate oral health problems from progressing further. Our professional dentists help patients keep their oral health in check at routine appointments. If you ever have any sudden or severe dental problems, please contact our office so we can provide you with high-quality treatment.
Treating Common Dental Emergencies
The most common emergencies that we see in our dental office are:
- Knocked-Out Permanent Teeth: If you have just lost a permanent tooth and can locate it, hold it by the top or crown. Keep the tooth in a cup of cold milk for transport to our office. Teeth that are kept moist may be able to be reattached. However, if we cannot reattach the tooth, we will suggest a dental implant. Dental implants are durable titanium posts that replace lost or missing teeth at the root. They feel and look just like natural teeth.
- Tooth Pain: Severe tooth pain is often a common sign of tooth damage or decay. We may need to perform a root canal procedure, periodontal therapy, or even a tooth extraction. Our team provides comfortable care to alleviate tooth pain and remove a dental or gum infection.
- Tooth or Gum Bleeding: Many patients may find that their gums bleed after they brush and floss. This is normal, and an indicator of gum inflammation. We can easily treat gum inflammation with routine dental care. After an oral surgery or tooth extraction treatment, patients may experience bleeding for several hours at the tooth socket. We provide our patients with gauze to lessen the bleeding. However, if the extraction or surgical site continues to bleed a day after treatment, immediate care is required. If the bleeding is excessive, we recommend calling 911 before our office.
- Injured Tooth: Have you just chipped or fractured a permanent tooth? Rinse your mouth with warm water and, if you are experiencing swelling, gently press a cold compress to the cheek. Our dental office offers porcelain veneers, dental bonding, and tooth crowns to add structure to injured teeth. We can color-match each of these options so that they easily blend in with your natural smile.
- Broken Dental Restoration: Contact our office for immediate care if you have broken a dental crown, bridge, or denture. We will often recommend dental implants to support dental bridges and dentures. It is important to call us as soon as possible if you have a broken restoration. We want you to avoid irritation or damage to the soft tissues of the mouth.
Schedule a Dental Appointment
If you do not have a dental emergency but require dental care, call us at 267-692-2394. Feel free to request a dental consultation with our team online. Additionally, please let us know if you have questions about your treatment options and we will be happy to assist you.